"Christmas For All"
- Accommodation and food: 100.00 Euro
- Transportation: 20.00 Euro
- Activities: 50.00 Euro
- Hosting organisation support: 50 Euro
Description: The "Christmas for all" project is a social and solidarity action project that the NGO ASTOVOT is implementing in the last two weeks of December for the benefit of the children of the Zomayi district and its surroundings. The observation is that there is no framework for entertainment and development in the neighborhood for children and adolescents outside the library ASTOVOT. This is the reason why our association has initiated this project which will allow the children to combine business with pleasure through several activities. The aim is to organise Christmas festivities for more than ten (10) days inside and outside the library.
Type of Work: - Dissemination of the programme and visits to the children's families;
- Development of the site for the installation of the "Christmas village";
- Construction of the Christmas hut with straws, stands and Christmas tree;
- Purchase of gifts and shopping for the needs of the convivial meal;
- Organisation of cultural, recreational and sporting activities;
- Screening of films for children and teenagers
- Distribution of gifts and sweets;
- Recital, Karaoke and night dance with the children and their parents;
- Sharing a convivial meal with the children;
- Removal and maintenance of the site;
- Evaluation ;
Study Theme: To contribute to the development of the children of the Zomayi district and its surroundings during the Christmas holidays. Specific objectives
- To collect donations and gifts for the children;
- To offer a framework of relaxation and distraction to the children;
- To bring out their hidden talents;
- To offer gifts and sweets to each beneficiary child;
- Organise a friendly exchange and meal with the beneficiary children and their parents;
- Organise cultural activities for the children (music, dances, football gala, games and film projections);
Accommodation: Housing conditions are generally rudimentary, simple and specific to the location of the project. On site, volunteers are accommodated in groups of three or four people per room. The distribution per room depends on the collective organization of the volunteers themselves. Depending on the location, volunteers can use dry toilets and showers without tap water. The association available to volunteers some plastic or foam mats. Volunteers can bring sleeping bags with them if possible. There is access to drinking water on the site. However, access to electricity and the internet may be limited.
Language: The languages of the site are English and French. However, we recommend to non-French speakers to having basic in French before arriving, because the official language of Togo is French. A large majority of local volunteers and local communities have a very low level in English
- A passport still valid at least 6 months after the date of the end of stay and containing two blank pages (for the visa)
- A visa, the application is made on www.consulatogo.org. It is advisable to apply for it
well in advance, the sooner the better.
- International certificate of yellow fever vaccination to be presented at check-in but also at your arrival.
Approximate Location: Situated 120 km north of Lomé, the commune of Kpalimé is the ideal place for nature lovers and hikers who wish to discover beautiful mountainous landscapes and tropical flora. Numerous natural waterfalls will allow you to refresh yourself at the water's edge. Kpalimé is also home to the most important craft center of the country where a very large number of artists and craftsmen have settled.
Notes: Vaccination against yellow fever is mandatory to enter the Togolese territory. (The international certificate of vaccination will then be given to you). PassCovid or Test Pcr is required. It is strongly recommended that you update your vaccinations and seek advice from your doctor or an international vaccination centre (specialist in tropical diseases). Certain vaccines such as viral hepatitis A and B, DTP, or typhoid fever may be recommended.
- Malaria is a disease transmitted by mosquito bites. It is therefore necessary to obtain mosquito repellent for tropical areas, especially during the evenings and nights.